August 27, 2012

Mystery BOM - block 3

Hello, hello! I have been a bit of a slow blogger lately. I gave myself a sewing restriction, not allowing myself to use my sewing machine until I got my sewing studio tidied up. Let me just say - it was a mess! I was so eager to get sewing again, I didn't get around to taking any "after" photos before I started messing it up again:) So I'll have to clean it up again so I can share my little corner of the world.
Hei, hei - jeg har vært litt treg til å blogge i det siste. Jeg måtte rydde på syrommet før jeg kunne tillate meg å bruke symaskinen igjen - det var bare så rotete! Jeg var så ivrig etter å sy igjen at jeg glemte å ta bilder etter jeg fikk ryddet. Det får bli neste gang.

I finally got my third Mystery BOM block finished, so I am still on time with that project.
Jeg fikk endelig fullført min tredje BOM blokk, så jeg er i rute med det prosjektet. 
Mystery BOM 3 cropped

And, as I have done before, I made a mini version of the block. My mini blocks are similar in size, but not exactly (I now have an 8", an 8.5" and a 9" block). So I will have to get a bit creative when it comes to putting the smaller quilt together.
Som tidligere, lagde jeg en miniversjon av blokken. Miniene mine er nesten, men ikke helt, like i størrelse. Så jeg må bli kreativ når jeg setter sammen den lille quilten.
Mystery BOM 3 with mini

And then to finish it off, a fancy angled view. Ta da!
Og så til slutt, fancy bilde fra skjev vinkel. Ta da!
Mystery BOM 3 closeup


Linking up today with BOMs Away at What a Hoot and the Let's Get Acquainted Monday Link Up at Plum and June. If you're not coming from there, klick on over and see what others have going on today.

Plum and June


8 comments:

  1. Yay! We are BOM post twins! I love the fussy cut you did on the center. And your idea to make miniatures is so clever! Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing the same blocks! I love your idea of making a second block! They're so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours and the block, great to meet you via P&J's Monday link-up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I REALLY wish I had signed up for this. I wonder if it's too late...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Kind words, helpful tips, just a hello or share your thoughts - let me know you've visited!